Sand Hollow State Park
So here you are in Southern Utah, blissfully camping at Zion River Resort and wondering if there’s anywhere to go besides the National Parks. Yes, indeed, Camper! Just a few miles away in nearby Hurricane, you’ll find Utah’s newest place for outdoor recreation, Sand Hollow State Park.
Good News for Fisher Folks and OHV Riders
With its warm, blue waters and red sandstone landscape, Sand Hollow State Park is also one of Utah’s most popular. Boat and fish on Sand Hollow Reservoir and explore the dunes of Sand Mountain with an off-highway vehicle.
A favorite destination for OHV enthusiasts, Sand Mountain provides 15,000 acres of perfectly sculpted dunes. The red sand is an incredible backdrop for Sand Hollow Reservoir, where you can cast your line for bass, bluegill, crappie, and catfish in its warm waters. The Reservoir is a perfect place for hiking, cliff-jumping, water-skiing, kayaking, and basking on sandy beaches.
No paddleboard or OHV? Rent every fun thing and get snacks and food at the concession stand.
Restaurants at Sand Hollow State Park
Hop in the car and head out to Sand Hollow State Park at 3351 S Sand Hollow Road in Hurricane – it’s less than 19 miles away on UT-9W. And if you get hungry along the way, have a bite at…
- The Beach at Sand Hollow – Breakfast, lunch, and dinner right there in the Park
- Sand Hollow Grill – Bar & grill with vegan options at 5662 W Clubhouse Drive in Hurricane
- River Rock Roasting Company – Low-key coffeehouse offering espresso drinks, baked goods & sandwiches, plus expansive canyon views at 394 S State Street in La Verkin
- Stage Coach Grille – Charming, wood-filled mainstay with a nostalgic vibe offering American classics at 99 N State Street in La Verkin
- Rooster Run Café – Down-to-earth restaurant offering breakfast, homestyle steak dishes, and sandwiches at 635 W State Street in Hurricane
- Lonny Boy’s BBQ – Rustic-contemporary BBQ joint offering pulled pork, brisket, ribs, smoked chicken, and more at 980 W State Street in Hurricane
- Cross Country Diner – A retro diner concession trailer with fast foods inspired by various travel destinations. Try them all at 112 W State Street in Hurricane
- Las Lupitas Mexican Grill – Laid-back restaurant offering heaping plates of Mexican classics, including enchiladas and chimichangas at 460 State Street in Hurricane
Lots of Parks and Recreation near Zion River Campground
Sand Hollow State Park is just one of the many glorious places to explore in Southern Utah. Reserve your stay at pet-friendly Zion River Campground and discover the vast wilderness that surrounds you here. Rocks and rivers, blue skies and big trees, see it all when you reserve a cabin or an RV campsite at Zion River Campground.